[Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION', Science_Term='ANIMALS/INVERTEBRATES']
Panoply netCDF, HDF and GRIB Data ViewerEntry ID: NASA_GISS_Panoply
Abstract: Panoply plots geo-referenced and other arrays from netCDF, HDF, GRIB, and other datasets. With Panoply 4 you can:
- Slice and plot geo-referenced latitude-longitude, latitude-vertical, longitude-vertical, time-latitude or time-vertical arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
- Slice and plot "generic" 2D arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
- Slice 1D arrays from larger ... multidimensional variables and create line plots.
- Combine two geo-referenced arrays in one plot by differencing, summing or averaging.
- Plot lon-lat data on a global or regional map using any of over 100 map projections or make a zonal average line plot.
- Overlay continent outlines or masks on lon-lat map plots.
- Use any of numerous color tables for the scale colorbar, or apply your own custom ACT, CPT, or RGB color table.
- Save plots to disk GIF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF bitmap images or as PDF or PostScript graphics files.
- Export lon-lat map plots in KMZ format.
- Export animations as AVI or MOV video or as a collection of individual frame images.
- Explore remote THREDDS and OpenDAP catalogs and open datasets served from them.
Panoply is a cross-platform application that runs on Macintosh, Windows, Linux and other desktop computers.
ISO Topic Category
Access Constraints None
Use Constraints Panoply is freeware.
Although Panoply was produced at a U.S. Government research institute, the complete Panoply application is not public domain software because it includes libraries provided by third parties who have their individual copyrights and licenses. See the acknowledgments above for further information about these third-party libraries.
... Scope of License. Subject to all the terms and conditions of this license and of the individual licenses of any third-party libraries, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies grants the user royalty-free, nonexclusive, nontransferable, and worldwide rights to reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, and distribute the Panoply software package, herein referred to as the Product.
Conditions and Limitations of Use. Neither the U.S. Government, nor any agency or employee thereof, makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the Product provided under this License, including but not limited to the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose.
Liability. In no event shall the U.S. Government, nor any agency or employee thereof, be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages flowing from the use of the Product provided under this License.
Non-Assignment. Neither this License nor any rights granted hereunder are transferable or assignable without the explicit prior written consent of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
Names and Logos. User shall not substitute its name or logo in identification of the Product.
Export of technology. User shall comply with all U.S. laws and regulations restricting the export of the Product to other countries.
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Email: Robert.B.Schmunk at nasa.gov
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies 2880 Broadway
City: New York
Province or State: NY
Postal Code: 10025
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates