[Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='ATMOSPHERE', Science_Term='ATMOSPHERIC WINDS']
Atmospheric Sounding Processing Environment (ASPEN)Entry ID: NCAR_ATD_ASPEN
Abstract: Aspen (Atmospheric Sounding Processing Environment) is used for visualization and quality control of upsonde and dropsonde radiosonde soundings. Command line, batch and GUI based interfaces are available.
- Automatically apply quality control procedures to the sounding data.
- Present data in tabular and graphical forms.
- Automatically determine levels and code them in WMO message formats.
- Transmit the WMO messages to other systems.
- Save the raw and derived data products in various formats.
- Present observations from multiple soundings, at discrete pressure levels, on a synoptic map.
ISO Topic Category
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Email: martinc at ucar.edu
NCAR/Atmospheric Technology Division P.O. Box 3000 1850 Table Mesa Drive
Province or State: CO
Postal Code: 80307
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates