1. To densify the geodetic infrastructure established from the permanent
2. To develop a deformation model for surface movement vectors within a common
Antarctic reference frame.
1. Co-ordinate annual continental or regional epoch campaigns
2. Maintain orderly data archive and data access from these campaigns
3. Identify and coordinate integration of ... regional campaigns (eg. TAMDEF and
4. Facilitate GPS connections to tide gauge bench marks
5. Deliver results to ITRF in conjunction with results from permanent
6. Collaboration with appropriate IAG Antarctic Crustal Deformation
7. Integration of solutions using ITRF guidelines
8. Provide project results to ANTEC
The Servicio Geográfico Militar has been working since the beginning of the
project (1995). Two stations were occupied, one at King George island and the
other at Montevideo.