Metadata record for data from ASAC Project 867
See the link below for public details on this project.
Sea-ice bacteria data are associated with ASAC_1012 and included there
Data for bacteria from ornithogenic soil samples collected from the Vestfold Hills Region is included (associated with ref 9899):
1) Isolate designations, availability, media used and growth conditions.
2) Phenotypic ... data - morphology, nutritional and biochemical traits
3) Chemical data - fatty acids, wax esters
4) Genotypic data - DNA base composition, DNA:DNA hybridisation analysis
5) Phylogenetic data - 16S rRNA gene sequences
The download file contains:
Sample data obtained. Includes sea-ice sampling sites, location, information on ice cores including presence or absence of algal assemblage band communities and whether under-ice seawater was collected or not. Samples were melted and/or melted then filtered (0.2 micron size) for cultivation and DNA-related analyses carried out primarily in AAS project 1012.