The Climate TimeLine Information Tool: "Exploring Weather & Climate Change Through the Powers of 10"
Entry ID: NCDC_CLIMATE_TIMELINE
Designed as an online tool allowing users to examine climate change and
variability at different time scales, the Climate TimeLine has been developed
through a CIRES Innovative Research Grant through the NOAA Paleoclimatology
Program which is part of the National Climatic Data Center. The work has been
conducted with the assistance of the National Geophysical ... Data Center (NGDC),
located at NOAA's Boulder Laboratory.
The Climate TimeLine has been selected by the National Science Teachers
Association's SciLinks Program for excellence in science education. In
particular, the Climate TimeLine helps in the following science education
- Data Access: One stop shopping for climatic characterizations and
- Tutorial: Demo of how to use the CTL to gain insight into climatic
- Glossary: Weather, climate, time-scale and evolutionary terms.
- About the CTL:"What is the Climate TimeLine Information Tool?" and other
frequently asked questions.
- What is Variability? An overview of climate variance from formation to Earth
to one hour scale.
- Site Map: View the layout of the CTL.
- Quiz: Test your knowledge of climate change. (Password required).
- Climate Conundrum Quiz: 64 questions on the how's and why's of climate
- CTL Evaluation Resources: Assessing the proto-type and what's involved.
[Text Extracted from the Climate TimeLine Home Page]
ISO Topic Category
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1984, Landsat data users notes: [Sioux Falls, S. Dak.], National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration [variously paged].
U.S. Geological Survey, , Landsat data products supplement--National
Landsat Archive Production System (NLAPS), [factsheet]: Sioux Falls, S. Dak.,
U.S. Geological Survey, EROS Data Center, 2 p.
U.S. Geological Survey and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration,
1984, Landsat 4 data users handbook: [Washington, D.C.], U.S. Geological
Survey and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration [variously
Creation and Review Dates