Record Search Query: [Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='ATMOSPHERE', Science_Term='AEROSOLS']
NCAR Command Language (NCL) Data Access, Analysis, and Visualization Programming Language
Entry ID: NCAR_NGWWW
Abstract: 1. PHOTOGRAPHIC RECORDS
(sets to be made available to AAD multimedia centre for permanent record)
1a Glacier margin positions
Aerial oblique and some ground-based photographs
1b Summit crater of Big Ben
Aerial oblique photographs
1c Environmental impacts of research
Ground-based photographs of research excavation sites (before excavation, during excavation, after rehabilitation, GPS locations)
2. TOPOGRAPHIC PROFILES
2a Intended long term coastal monitoring sites
Simple profiles from permanent markers (with GPS) compiled from compas and clinometer traverses (amply detailed to capture changes at the scales being observed and simple to repeat)
2b Beach profiles
Simple profiles compiled from clinometer and tape traverses to characterise selected beaches as part of geomorphological survey; GPS locations
2c. Dovers Moraine profiles
Simple profiles compiled from clinometer, compass and tape traverses to characterise ridge sequence and establish approximate altitude of palaeolake shorelines; some GPS locations.
Details are given in the spreadsheet at the url below.
3. GLACIAL LANDFORMS AND RELATIVE DATING
3a Reconnaissance-level landform survey
Morphostratigraphic relationships between landforms recorded in note form, photographically, or directly onto field maps; by estimation with some GPS control.
3b Criteria for relative dating
Semiquantitative data on moraine morphology; descriptive data on subsurface weathering status; GPS locations
Samples obtained for laboratory analysis (mechanical and chemical analysis and some radiometric dating - processing will be dependent upon obtaining adequate financial resources; GPS locations; samples, sampling sites and desired use as indicated in the spreadsheet at the url below.
The downloadable dataset contains:
1. Photographic record of glacier margins and summit of Big Ben as at December 2000
2. Simple topographic profiles of eroding coastlines for long term monitoring processes, selected beach profiles and profiles over Dovers Moraine
3. Data on glacial geomorphology and glacial geology including postdepositional modification of moraines and glacial sediments and samples for weathering studies and possible radiometric dating.
The fields in this dataset are:
weathering and sediment stratigraphy
Access Constraints To freely access, download, and use NCL, you must:
1. Agree to the NCL License.
2. Fill out and submit a short registration form. You need to at least fill in
the name, site, and email address fields.
3. Download the desired binaries.
4. Install the binaries on your system.
Creation and Review Dates